Quality Technician I
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The Quality Technician I is responsible for all raw material and bulk transfer product sampling and monitoring of production documentation. The Quality Technician ensures and monitors adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current Health Canada regulations, GMPs, and other applicable regulations.
As a Quality Technician you will:
- Conduct regular swab tests to ensure equipment meets manufacturing specifications
- Ensure efficiency of a Quality Management System for all processing and packaging activities
- Monitor process control points and take measures to eliminate deviations
- Ensures and monitors adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current GMPs and other applicable. regulations; including but not limited to, Change Controls, Deviations, Recalls, Returns and Customer Complaints
- Ensures and enforces Good Documentation Practices on all applicable documents relating to GMPs
- Assisting with internal and external audits for Health Canada, GMP and QA. This includes addressing issues, preparing response reports and regulatory submissions
- Ensure integrity of oil products, including oversight of annual and semi-annual inventories. Investigate variances and reconciliations
- Oversee sampling of raw materials and finished goods for testing and retention purposes, when applicable. Responsible for the release or rejection of finished products
- Assist in the investigation and report all suspicious transactions and losses
- Assist with the authorization, processing and managing all returned product
- Assist with operational activities as required
- Complete all other tasks related to the position, as assigned by management
As a Quality Technician you bring:
- High School Diploma required
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc) in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Medicine is an asset
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO 9001, and Health Canada regulations an asset
- Previous Health Canada Security clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Dealer or Licenced Producer is an asset
- Knowledge of GLP principles, ISO 17025, and laboratory experience an asset
- Knowledge and experience in chemistry, pharmacology and plant biology an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent analytical skills and above-average attention to detail
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Oriented towards quality work and service
- Capable of multitasking with minimal supervision
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada