At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep or join our growing Toronto team in the heart of downtown.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
We are looking to add a passionate to our growing and dynamic team. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Lead, the individual will support the overall recruitment efforts of The Valens Company and ensure an excellent candidate experience. In this capacity, you will work on a variety of roles across multiple departments and seniority levels, advertising in established and new channels, evaluating applications and providing shortlists of qualified candidates while ensuring that applicants move quickly and efficiently through the hiring process. By coordinating with hiring managers and Valens leadership, you will be helping to build Canada’s leading cannabis company, and ensuring it has the best talent available in the global market.
As a Recruiter you will:
- Independently manage requisitions and recruitment efforts to support Valens’ growth
- Support with projects to enhance the overall recruitment process to ensure our processes are efficient, modern and meaningful
- Assist, support and coach hiring managers on interview best practices
- Maintain career pages on company’s website and other recruitment platforms
- Develop and update job descriptions
- Post jobs to various sites and job boards, leveraging social media and other innovative recruitment strategies
- Champion the use and continuous improvement of the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) - Ceridian Dayforce
- Conduct ongoing sourcing of talent and complete market research to maintain competitive edge in the evolving cannabis industry
- Screen candidates’ resumes and applications, verifying references as required
- Schedule interviews with candidates and hiring managers
- Conduct interviews using various recruiting and selection tools/methods within schedule
- Facilitate pre-employment testing
- Draft employment contracts
- Provide information and insight to relocating candidates
- Create and deliver analytical reports on pipeline, recruitment activities, and costs
- Build and maintain connections within the community to support recruitment efforts
- Help organize and attend recruitment events and hiring fairs
- Other duties as assigned by management
As a Recruiter you bring:
- 2+ years of experience with in-house talent acquisition/recruitment
- Must have experience with recruiting for a broad range of roles in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)/Manufacturing environment
- Degree or Diploma in Business or other relevant area of study is an asset
- Proven experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Ceridian Dayforce exposure a valuable asset
- Previous cannabis recruitment experience an asset
- Adept with social media tools for recruitment
- Previous experience with Co-ops an asset
- Strong at time-management, multitasking and prioritization with minimal supervision
- Possesses a sense of urgency and is highly adaptable to changing priorities and tasks
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Strong at managing multiple stakeholders throughout the recruitment process
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Successful satisfactory completion of Criminal Record Check required
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
- The Valens Company, 409 King St West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada