At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The role of the security officer is to maintain a safe and secure environment for employees and visitors to the Valens site by monitoring the premises and personnel.
As a Security Officer you will:
- Secures premises and personnel by monitoring surveillance equipment, alarm systems, and operation of the intercom.
- Performs random mobile patrols of the exterior of the buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Permits entry to visitors and delivery drivers.
- Vet potential visitors and follows all visitor procedures as determined by SOP’s
- Observes for signs of crime or disorder and investigates disturbances.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and security equipment controls.
- Issues and maintains employee and visitor pass cards.
- Monitors and controls all secured doors within and outside the building.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of security equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
As a Security Officer you bring:
- Security experience preferred, however, those with just a Security License or a keen interest in learning Security will be considered
- Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment
- Flexible to cover the Morning, Afternoon, or Weekend Shift as needed for vacation/sick coverage
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation
- Integrity, dependability, and professionalism
- First Aid – Level 3 (considered an asset)
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
- A competitive pay rate between $18.00 - $21.00 per hour (commensurate with experience)
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.00
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada