At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to the Fulfillment Manager, the Logistics Administrator will play a central role in supporting the Logistics and Fulfillment teams. This person will track and book all incoming and outgoing shipments, as well as provide ongoing support with various points of data entry. They will work closely with Fulfillment, Logistics, Planning, Quality, Production, and Sales to provide visibility and accurate timelines.
Hours of Work: 40 hour work week (Monday – Friday)
Flexible start time between 6am-8am
As a Logistics Administrator you will:
- Book and track all couriers and carriers for inbound/outbound shipments.
- Book all required insurance for all inbound/outbound shipments.
- Track reliability and shipping costs for both carriers and couriers.
- Assist with data entry into customer portals and spreadsheets.
- Assist with order entry, and maintenance of orders, in legacy and ERP systems.
- Track all shipment and arrival dates.
- Provide visibility to both internal and external teams on shipment status and schedule.
- Assist both Fulfilment Manager and Sr. Logistics Manger in daily administration requests.
- Assist Internal teams to meet LP partner and provincial expectations and resolve order issues.
- Assist with the implementation of scalable processes, procedures, and systems to drive. operational effectiveness.
- Support in the implementation of strategic objectives to provide quality and timely service.
- Complete all other tasks related to the position, as assigned by Manager.
- Work with the Supply Chain team to support the transition from Excel to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (Microsoft Dynamics).
As a Logistics Administrator you bring:
- 3+ years of work experience in a related field required.
- Experience working within the Cannabis industry considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with ERP systems an asset, Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
- Proven knowledge of operational process and experience with process optimization.
- Excellent analytical skills and above average attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Capable of multitasking with minimal supervision.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Degree or Diploma in a relevant field (Procurement, Supply Chain, International Business Management, Logistics) an asset.
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada