Quality Assurance Supervisor
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor reports directly to the Senior Quality Manager and will work closely with the Upper QA Management Team. The QA Supervisor will oversee all Quality Management Systems (QMS) to ensure adherence to company policies and Health Canada Regulations. The QA Supervisor will provide internal and cross-departmental training and support to ensure compliance of the QMS. The QA Supervisor will collaborate with the Quality Control Supervisor, the Corporate Quality Supervisor, and the Sanitation Supervisor, on projects related to quality and process improvement to help uphold operational excellence and adherence to company policies and regulations.
As a Quality Assurance Supervisor you will:
- Oversee and maintain all Quality Management Systems.
- Mentor and support QA Associates to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Set weekly team goals and provide updates to the Senior Quality Manager.
- Schedule staff, perform employee reviews and respond to after hour questions to support the team.
- Provide internal and cross-departmental QMS support to ensure the company meets internal deadlines.
- Attend daily production meetings and delegate actionable tasks.
- Assist in preparation for client and regulatory inspections.
- Review batch records and release products for sale as per company polices.
- Participating in complaint investigations, deviations, CAPAs, initial contacts and risk assessments.
- Track, trend, and report to leadership, quality KPI’s to ensure the department is meeting and exceeding company standards.
- Collaborate with the Quality Control Supervisor to ensure adequate information is provided to support both QC and QA teams.
- Other tasks as directed by the Senior Quality Manager or Senior Quality Director.
As a Quality Assurance Supervisor you bring:
- Minimum of a B.Sc. in a science discipline or related diploma program.
- 3-5 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control function.
- Strong Knowledge of the Cannabis Act, Health Canada, GPP and GACP regulations.
- Previous Health Canada Security clearance and work experience with a Canadian License
- Dealer or Licensed Producer is an asset.
- Assertive and diplomatic individual with excellent analytical, trouble shooting, and decision-making skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and electronic databases.
- Ability to quickly learn new and novel manufacturing processes supporting new clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience training or mentoring.
- Strong English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Motivated individual who can work independently or in a team setting to complete tasks.
- Able to take directions and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Flexible working schedule, able to answer questions during off hours to support the team.
- Proven reliability and autonomy with reoccurring tasks.
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks.
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.