Manager, IT Ops
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The Manager, IT Ops will be responsible to ensure stable, reliable and secure operations of the IT network, infrastructure, equipment and efficient delivery of IT support services to all company. The incumbent will supervise the staff responsible for network, infrastructure, system administration and end user support. The Manager, IT Ops will work closely with the IT executive staff and decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. To succeed in this role, you love equally customer support and technology, have the ability to prioritize issues quickly, and thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
As a Manager, IT Ops you will:
- Ensure efficient utilization of IT infrastructure, equipment and IT support staff across the organization.
- Develop maintenance schedules for network and systems equipment.
- Develop and implement all functional policies and procedures regarding network architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop technology roadmaps and lead operational planning and projects.
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements for new technology implementations.
- Oversee all reports and documentation related to network and systems operations.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of technology-usage best practices.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of IT networks, infrastructure, PCs, printers and associated hardware.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and optimization of the network and infrastructure.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Manage operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, and performance management.
- Oversee operations-related projects and project portfolio.
- Practice asset management for IT infrastructure hardware, PCs, equipment and related software
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with all relevant stakeholders and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Assist in the provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
As a Manager, IT Ops you bring:
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 3 years of recent experience in a management role.
- Professional certifications, e.g. Microsoft Certified IT Professional, is considered an asset.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and deployment.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including virtualization products (Hyper-V), switches/firewalls/wifi (Cisco/Meraki), cyber security products (Sophos, Trend Micro), backup software (Veeam)
- Strong expertise in Microsoft cloud technologies (Azure, M365, SharePoint)
- Good knowledge of IT best practices for system security, data privacy, compliance and change control
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Superior communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks, prioritize, change quickly and work under pressure.
- Team player, willing to share and play various roles in a collaborative environment.
- Self-starter with strong time management, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, and a passion for technology
- Clean criminal record check
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada