Human Resources Business Partner - Kelowna
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for supporting the day to day Human Resources services and providing guidance and support to our line managers. Reporting into the Human Resources Manager, this role will support Valens employees in all Human Resources disciplines. You will assist with various HR related functions and initiatives including, but not limited to, interpretation and adherence to Canadian employment legislation, policy updates & implementation, administration of HRIS, performance management assistance, drafting of employment & HR related documentation, and driving process improvement.
As a Human Resources Business Partner you will:
- Provide guidance and coaching to People Managers and Employees on HR policies, procedures and employee relations matters, including performance and attendance management, conflict resolution, formal/informal investigations and follow up action items
- Partner with key stakeholders to guide, facilitate and be an effective change agent during all transformational initiatives, ensuring a positive employee experience and alignment with strategic vision
- Partner with leaders on workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment
- Monitor employment legislative initiatives, anticipate the effects of impending legislation on the organization, and develop action plans and necessary policy updates to ensure timely compliance
- Partner with Payroll to proactively address payroll issues, train/coach leadership on best practices for Ceridian Dayforce
- Co-ordinate and support People Managers throughout the employee performance appraisals process – probationary and annual
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers and Talent Acquisition to support the internal and external recruitment processes, including testing, interviewing, and coaching managers on candidate selection based on predefined criteria
- Contribute to the Human Resources strategic planning, implementation, execution and roll-out of HR programs and processes
- Support and engagement on the internal communication strategy for employees
- General maintenance of employee records via the HRIS system
- Participate in committees, analytical reporting and other ad hoc projects and initiatives as required
As a Human Resources Business Partner you bring:
- Certificate, diploma or degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Minimum of 4 years Human Resources experience, in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Canadian Employment Standards legislation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy in written language, data and analysis
- Ability to identify roadblocks, and provide insightful data with proactive solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fast-growth environment where the business is constantly evolving
- Independently driven, initiator, and the willingness to roll up the sleeves and lean-in to get things done
- Exercise discretion and sound judgement with the ability to reliably and professionally handle sensitive information
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada