Investor Relations Manager
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the heart of vibrant downtown Toronto.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The Investor Relations Manager will work alongside the Capital Markets and Corporate Development teams to manage communications between the company and the broader community, including investors, industry analysts, media, influencers, and other external stakeholders. In this role, the Investor Relations Manager will be responsible for effectively communicating the company’s corporate strategy on behalf of the management team.
As Investor Relations Manager you will:
- Developing and communicating key corporate messaging such as the company’s investment proposition, strategic initiatives, and vision.
- Supporting a variety of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications initiatives, including quarterly earnings, capital raises, M&A, and major announcements.
- Drafting, editing, and finalizing press releases, scripts, and other external communications for various events (including quarterly earnings, AGMs, and investor days), in addition to managing the press release dissemination process.
- Assisting in the development and filing of Annual Reports and MD&A, among other external communications documents.
- Developing and updating presentations, including the monthly corporate presentation, targeted shareholder presentations, board reports, and special events.
- Managing investor inquiries and meetings while effectively and efficiently communicating any and all company updates.
- Maintaining investor relations databases for different target groups, including retail and institutional shareholders, investment banking, and research analysts.
- Monitoring analyst estimates and expectations and ensuring consistent communications between management and covering analysts.
- Reviewing and validating all disclosure documents for consistency and accuracy of results and messages across all public filings and external communications.
- Maintaining and updating the investor relations portal for required disclosure, in addition to managing and monitoring digital investor targeting campaigns.
- Coordinating support for special events, such as investor days, AGMs, investor roadshows and marketing.
- Reviewing corporate governance adherence and strategizing on various initiatives related to increased disclosure and ESG strategies.
- Monitoring industry developments and competitor messaging.
- Securing and coordinating profile-raising media opportunities for the management team.
- Taking on special projects as they arise and as requested by the Capital Markets and Corporate Development teams.
As Investor Relations Manager you bring:
- Degree in Business, Economics, Communications, Public Relations or a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant investor relations experience.
- Expert level investor relations knowledge demonstrated through relevant work experience.
- Strong financial and investment analysis skills with a thorough understanding of financial modeling.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex financial transactions and strategies.
- Finance designation; MBA or a CFA is considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) and sales skills.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and disseminating exemplary written communication in a publicly-traded company.
- A track record that demonstrates the ability to evolve quickly, influence others, and execute in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen and judgment in a rapidly scaling business.
- Experience in the Cannabis industry is considered an asset.
- Experience working with and presenting to senior leaders, executives, and external investors.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Goal-driven with a resilient mindset and a strong desire to succeed.
- Strong relationship building skills and a collaborative work style.
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines.
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks.
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- The Valens Company, 409 King St West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada