Corporate Quality Associate - Supplier Management
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The Corporate Quality Associate (CQA) - Supplier Management; reports directly to the Corporate Quality Supervisor and will work closely with the Upper QA Management Team. The CQA - Supplier Management; is accountable for management of vendors, suppliers, associated audits, and internal audits in compliance with Health Canada regulatory requirements. The CQA - Supplier Management, individual drives the introduction of all new and existing raw materials, packaging, and active material through Valens locations and affiliate sites.
As a Corporate Quality Associate you will:
- Ensures that approved vendors and suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services.
- Qualifies suppliers according to company standards.
- Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good production practices (GPP) and quality standards are met.
- Manages and monitors an internal audit program (self-inspection) to review internal processes and procedures against existing SOPs and regulatory requirements
- Issue inspection reports, both internal and external, including any necessary recommendations to ensure the follow-up of actions' implementation, when required.
- Evaluates suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback in assessment of their operation.
- Supports in creation of technical guidance and quality compliance for Supplier Quality engagement throughout the qualified materials in accordance with cannabis industry standards, regulatory requirements, and customer requirements.
- Define Receiving Inspection requirements as required and associated contract lab testing for all internal test requirements.
- Lead cross functional strategic initiatives by providing expertise, successfully driving continuous improvement initiatives to completion, at both the regional and global levels.
- Establish and maintain effective cross functional relationships with other support functions as required (Regulatory, R&D, Engineering, Supply Chain).
- Other duties as assigned by Corporate Quality Management.
As a Corporate Quality Associate you bring:
- BS or diploma related scientific discipline and at least 2-3 years of experience in Quality, Regulatory, or Operations in a Cannabis industry or related industry.
- Knowledge of Cannabis Regulations and Health Canada Regulations.
- In-depth understanding of the application of quality systems to the pharmaceutical or cannabis industry.
- Industry recognized certification in a Quality System element specialty (e.g. ASQ Certified Quality Auditor) or ability to acquire certification.
- Technical writing, auditing experience preferred.
- Prior experience managing external regulatory audits preferred.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels both written and verbal.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Effective analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective meeting and presentation skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks.
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada