Application Scientist, LC-MS/MS
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced LC-MS/MS Application Scientist with a strong background in Analytical Chemistry and Chromatography to join our team that applies LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS, ICP-MS, HPLC-DAD, Plating, and qPCR techniques for routine cannabis products testing.
As a LC-MS/MS Application Scientist you will:
- Prepare clients samples, calibration standards and quality control samples for routine LC-MS/MS analysis.
- Maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation such as uHPLC systems (Vanquish from Thermo Scientific and Nexera X2 from Shimadzu) and Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometers (6500QTRAP+ from SCIEX and Altis TSQ from Thermo Scientific).
- Validate (or verify) new LC-MS/MS methods (pesticides, mycotoxins, and antibiotics) when needed.
- Maintain quality control records and perform quality review of data to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the results.
- Use LIMS system to record and document analytical activities and results during the processing of samples.
- Assist in the training and development of other colleagues.
- Maintain a safe, clean, well-organized, and efficient laboratory work environment.
- Remain up to date on SOPs and maintain documentation required for compliance.
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory for ISO/CALA accreditation standards and future audits.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Management.
As a LC-MS/MS Application Scientist you bring:
- Graduate degree (B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D.) in Analytical Chemistry or closely related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience (within the last 4 years) in using modern LC-MS/MS instruments for routine analysis of food, environmental, forensic or cannabis samples.
- Experience with samples extraction techniques such as QuEChERS and LC-MS/MS methods for routine pesticides and/or mycotoxins and antibiotics samples testing are required.
- Comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of uHPLC, LC-MS/MS and related software’s such as Chromeleon, Analyst and MultiQuant.
- Experience in developing, validating routine LC-MS/MS methods, and modifying SOPs.
- Ability to work independently and accurately analyse large numbers of clients’ samples with a commitment to achieve reliable and good quality work.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP and GMP regulations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines and client turnaround time requirements in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Track record of complying with all quality and regulatory policies and updating of all required SOP’s and quality records for equipment maintenance, testing, analysis and design of experiments, as needed.
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada