OP 1 - Extraction/Material Prep (Weekends)
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
The Extraction/ Material Prep Operator is an exciting opportunity in a creative and fast-moving industry based out of our Kelowna facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for, Bag & CRC packing, Milling, and providing coverage for the extraction rooms. This is a key role in the progression to one of several extraction operator roles. This role will report to the Supervisor/ Alternate Supervisor or Production Manager.
Shift Schedule: Friday - Sunday 7:00am - 7:00pm
As an Operator 1 - Extraction/Material Preparation you will:
- Key responsibilities: Bag packing, CRC packing, milling, decarboxylating, and providing coverage in extraction rooms.
- Review batch record formulation sheets for specific instructions and accurately identifying the required equipment and raw materials
- Provide checks to verify ingredient codes and quantities match batch record requirements
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to established standards
- Follow and adhere to all given instructions including work procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Strictly adhere to and observe all safety policies as outlined in the company policies and training sessions
- Cleaning equipment, tanks and work area between lots and setting up equipment for batches
- Performing general housekeeping of the production area which includes keeping all materials off the floor, returning equipment & materials to proper storage area after each lot.
- Work closely with the Shift Supervisor to anticipate, resolve and meet production demands in real time
- Monitor process to ensure quality.
- Update all logbooks (production and safety)
- Perform other duties as assigned by Alternate Supervisor, Supervisor, or Production Manager
As an Operator 1 - Extraction/Material Preparation you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs. and perform repetitive physical work
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and be able to multi-task production steps
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Mechanically inclined with a mathematical aptitude
- Knowledge of cGMP an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada