Cleaner - Sanitation Technician
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, Sanitation Technicians are responsible for keeping all production areas in a clean and orderly condition to ensure compliance standards are met and production functions as expected. Cleaning duties include but are not limited to; cleaning floors, washing walls, removing rubbish, washing and sanitizing equipment and components while ensuring the production wash area is kept clean and organized.
Shift Schedule: Evening Shift Monday - Thursday (4:00pm - 2:30am)
As a Sanitation Technician you will:
- Cleaning equipment and components in support of production operations
- Provide instruction to other staff involved in sanitation activities as needed
- Work with quality to ensure cleaning standards are being achieved
- Clean and organize production areas using appropriate cleaning methods
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors, fixtures and equipment
- Gather and empty production area trash and recycling
- Communicate the need for supplies and equipment for cleaning duties to the supervisor
- Complete all required documentation as instructed
- Complete other duties as assigned by the supervisor, supervisory alternate or production manager
As a Sanitation Technician you bring:
- High School Diploma required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift upwards of 30lbs
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable, reliable and responsible
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- Hiring Rate $21.00
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada