Quality Control Technician 1 (Weekend Shift)
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Quality Control Technician I (QC Tech I) are responsible for ensuring adherence to Good Documentation and Production Practices (GDP and GPP), Health Canada Regulations, in-process checks, batch record review, room releases, cleaning verification and product sampling. QC Tech I report directly to the QC Shift Lead. The qualifications for this role include 1 year of work experience in a scientific related or cannabis field, excellent analytical skills, and attention to detail as well as ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
As a Quality Control Technician 1 you will:
- Perform surface, equipment, and environmental swabbing to ensure the processes and equipment meet best practices as specified by the SOPs, GMP and Cannabis Regulations.
- Review and approve cleaning and scale verification logs.
- Approve the release of equipment and rooms.
- Perform and monitor in-process control points and take measures to eliminate deviations.
- Perform sampling of incoming cannabis, raw materials, packaging, and labelling during receipt.
- Perform routine inspections of documentation to ensure Good Documentation Practices on all applicable documents relating to GMP.
- Apply bulk packaging stickers and “Approved/Quarantine/Release” stickers.
- Assist with other tasks a required by the Senior Quality Manager.
As a Quality Control Technician 1 you bring:
- 1 year of work experience in a scientific related field or cannabis industry.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical skills and above-average attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Oriented towards quality work and service.
- Capable of multitasking with minimal supervision.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks.
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada