Production Labourer (LYF Food Technologies)
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to the Production Manager and under the guidance of the Production Lead, the Production Labourer is responsible for learning in-house procedures and maintaining production workflow as instructed.
Shift & Hours of Work:
- Day Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:30am - 3:00pm
As a Production Labourer you will:
- Package, weigh, and label cannabis product in a warehouse setting
- Maintain a clean and safe workstation
- Work in an environment which requires continuous standing with some lifting, bending and twisting
- Perform other related duties as assigned by leadership
As a Production Labourer you bring:
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing or similar environment is an asset
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 40 lbs
- Excellent hand- eye coordination and attention to detail
- Flexible in terms of time
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy and care not to damage products
- No acrylic nails, no rings, and no watches. Piercings that can’t be removed must be taped
- Must be at least 19 years old and legally authorized to work in Canada
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.