Operations - Field Operator
Wolf Midstream is a Calgary-based private midstream company backed by CPP Investments and was
established in 2016. Wolf owns and operates a platform of companies focused on Western Canadian midstream infrastructure assets including the Access Pipeline System and the Alberta Carbon Trunk Line (ACTL).
Wolf values a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment and places a strong emphasis on our defining behaviours, Act Like Shareholders, Be Customer Focused, Be Courageous, Do the Right Thing and Own It!
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, South Operations and daily guidance from a Lead Operator in the Wolf Pipeline Business Unit, the Field Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of Wolf Midstream’s assets. This is a full-time permanent position based out of our Sturgeon terminal.
Provide safe and efficient operations and maintenance to assets by:
- Start up and commissioning of pipeline and facilities.
- Operating and maintaining LACT’s, pump stations and other field related facilities.
- Proactive inspection of Wolf sites for inefficiencies/deficient equipment, procedures or conditions and initiate corrective action.
- Identify abnormal operating conditions or operating conditions where emergency response is necessary. Determine corrective action and execute.
- Utilize the computerized maintenance management system (Avantis) to complete:
- Work orders
- Purchase requisitions
- Work requests
- Perform and or supervise pigging activities as required.
- Activities as outlined in the pipeline maintenance programs.
- Product sampling and testing.
- Housekeeping on all sites and buildings.
- Understand and follow Wolf HSE Management System.
- Supervise third-party contractors for safety and work quality.
- Communicate and cooperate with producers, shippers, and receivers at the field level.
- Prepare and update safe work procedures and operating procedures.
- Strive for efficient operation.
- Participate in emergency response training.
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel will be required
NOTE: Overtime and responding to call outs is required on an as needed basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma, trade or technical certification preferred
- A minimum of 5 years oil field related experience with preference given to liquid pipelines
- Experience in NGL or butane would be an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders
- Health, Safety and Environmental training and experience, including H2S, First Aid, WHMIS
- Basic computer skills are required
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
Interested candidates should apply by October 15, 2021. We thank all for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Sturgeon County, AB, Canada