Accounting - Corporate Accountant (Contract)
Wolf Midstream is a Calgary-based private midstream company backed by CPP Investments and was
established in 2016. Wolf owns and operates a platform of companies focused on Western Canadian midstream infrastructure assets including the Access Pipeline System and the Alberta Carbon Trunk Line (ACTL).
Wolf values a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment and places a strong emphasis on our defining behaviours, Act Like Shareholders, Be Customer Focused, Be Courageous, Do the Right Thing and Own It!
This is a 12-month contract position supporting the corporate accounting team in our Calgary office. The successful individual will be responsible for full cycle accounting support and will have the opportunity to work with a number of individuals across our business units.
- Perform the day-to-day accounting for a group of corporate entities including A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations, GST filings, intercompany reconciliations
- Responsible for various month-end tasks including capitalized labour, accruals, and other journal entries.
- Assist with the preparation of intercompany invoices
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting, including the preparation of supporting schedules
- Help document processes and internal controls and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Work with vendors and internal stakeholders to provide corporate shared service support
- Prepare payment runs and support day-to-day treasury activities
- Ad-hoc duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Results oriented and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Familiar with accounting rules and regulations
- High level of ethics and adherence to code of conduct performance standards
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and Microsoft products
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Proven track record of successfully meeting commitments in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment
- Experience in Qbyte and Powervision is an asset
- Degree or diploma in accounting or finance
- Preference will be given to applicants with an accounting designation
Interested candidates should apply at www.wolfmidstream.com by October 28, 2021. We thank all for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Calgary, 520-3rd Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada