Senior Analyst, Regulatory Intelligence and Innovation
Position Title: Senior Analyst, Regulatory Intelligence and Innovation
Division/Branch: Strategy & Policy Division / Regulatory Intelligence and Innovation
Term: One permanent full-time position & One 13-month secondment / contract focusing on anti-money laundering
Please indicate in your Cover Letter/Resume which position you are applying to permanent and/or contract.
Application Deadline: January 4, 2021
Level: Level 10
Salary Range: Minimum: $88,837 to Maximum:$111,043
Hourly Rate: Minimum: $47.13 to Maximum: $58.91
Are you a curious individual who is passionate about data analysis? Do you enjoy analysing, developing, and delivering insights? Do you have the ability to draw from your expertise in analytics, data mining and predictive modelling to successfully support the Regulatory Intelligence team and client groups across the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)? Are you dedicated to the integrity and public safety of Ontario’s liquor and gaming industries?
We are seeking two data driven individuals who will design and execute complex analytical models and provide regulatory intelligence subject matter expertise on priority AGCO projects. A successful candidate will query, analyze data, communicate insights, conduct advanced statistical analysis, produce data mining models, provide ongoing data analytics advisory support, oversee the technical implementation and maintenance of the Regulatory Intelligence Solution and ensure the integrity, availability and accessibility of the AGCO’s regulatory intelligence-related data assets.
If you are a logical, information, data driven individual who enjoys sharing their knowledge and building meaningful working relationships, read on!
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the delivery of data analytics projects on a proactive basis and in response to client requests
- Conduct independent research and data analysis by querying and analyzing data, employing advanced data mining techniques and statistical methods, process methodologies, geographical mapping techniques, trends analyses, and quantitative and qualitative research from multiple diverse sources
- Solicit peer review of analytical findings through internal and, where appropriate, external liaison activities
- Lead the delivery of formal presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain deep understanding of enterprise-wide systems and data environments
- Serve as a member of inter-disciplinary project teams and/or as an ad hoc advisor to deliver data analytics expertise and advice, while ensuring Regulatory Intelligence and Innovation value and needs are integrated into priority project delivery
- Provide recommendations, insight, and best practices on Regulatory Intelligence Solution’s interface design to the business client groups and information technology and support the delivery of training material
- Lead and coordinate the execution of tasks required to successfully populate the Regulatory Intelligence Solution with rich, reliable, and properly structured data for analytical use
- Exercise strong and efficient social skills to establish effective and reliable connections and relationships with key points of contacts to ensure sustainable, trusted, and dependable data and information sharing practices with fellow staff and both internal and external stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
- University Degree in Analytics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research Business Administration, Economics, or related field combined with 5+ years’ related experience applying analytics techniques to business problems
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, ability to program R, Python, VBA, and a strong competency in Business Intelligence tools such as Information Builders Web Focus
- Strong working knowledge of complex data extraction from multiple data sources, data preparation, advanced statistics and data mining algorithms including decision trees, clustering, regression, and neural networks along with a familiarity of database modeling, data warehousing principles and SQL
- Experience working with enterprise level data management (business or technical) process improvement projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including negotiation, senior management presentations and issues management
- Excellent ability to conceptualize, evaluate, and problem-solve with sound judgement and sensitivity to issues and ability to work with a diverse client group and staff at all levels of the Agency
- Knowledge of AGCO mandate, mission, regulations, and policies as they pertain to licenses, registrations, permits and authorizations and knowledge of the AGCO’s strategic initiatives
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
The AGCO is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
The AGCO has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Thursday, December 17, 2020
- Job End Date Monday, January 4, 2021
- 90 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2N, Canada