Design Specialist, Watson
Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, manufacturing and analytical services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Kansas City, KS, Seattle, WA, and Philadelphia, PA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to
achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
The Specialist Watson LIMS Design is responsible for the Watson LIMS Study Design as per the Study Protocols/Study Plans so that samples can be logged in Watson LIMS upon receipt and subsequently be analyzed and also to facilitate data export
- Provide assistance for validation study design when assessments are not in standard format.
- Assist in preparation of kits, sample tracking and management in Watson LIMS.
- Assist with documentation, record management, and other sample management operation activities
- DEC or Bachelor’s degree in Science.
- Pertinent experience may be considered in lieu.
- Ability to understand Study Protocols/Study Plans from various phases of clinical trials (Phase I-IV) and Safety Assessment (Preclinical Tox studies)
- Understanding of:
- How samples are generated from a Study Protocols/Study Plan
- Multisite samples are collected from various site
- How samples are logged into Watson LIMS
- How samples are then tracked and maintained in Watson LIMS
- How Watson LIMS interface work with other software used (Analyst or WinNolin for example) • How Concentrations are stored and reported
- Knowledge on site specific details (how samples are gathered in a Phase II-IV study and different from a Phase I or preclinical study for example)
- Sample Accessioning and labelling
- Sample analysis
- GLP and GCP guidelines.
Altasciences is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process are available upon request. Join us at Altasciences!
- Laval, QC, Canada