Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
The Clinical Veterinarian will examine, diagnose and treat laboratory animals to ensure the health of animals used in scientific research, comply with regulations governing their humane and ethical treatment , and competently perform all tasks relating to caring for animals in a clinical setting.
- Provide routine and/or specialized veterinary medical, dental, imaging, and surgical services for nonhuman primates (NHPs) on site
- Provide professional leadership in the care and resolution of complex medical cases
- Assist in maintaining compliance with Federal regulations governing the humane care and use of laboratory animals
- Assist in the development, review, revision and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) relating to animal issues
- Assist the Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee, with responsibilities including; reviewing protocols, animal colony issues, management issues and consultations
- Perform clerical/administrative duties with respect to medical records, reports, examination sheets, forms readied for use for recording procedures, etc.
- Ensure preventive health program execution, domestic isolation programs, colony/stock animal’s health/medical care
- Build business experience in laboratory animal science through client interaction and sales
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- ACLAM board certification or board eligibility preferred.
- 2+ years experience in Laboratory Animal Medicine, including experience with NHPs
- A State License in Veterinary Medicine is required/a willingness to become licensed in Washington within one year of employment.
- Ability to utilize appropriate mathematical concepts for interpreting scientific studies, dose calculations, conversions, dilutions and related skills
- Skills to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions; the ability to write routine reports and correspondence; and the ability to speak effectively with clients and staff
- Job Family X Valide Positions
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Doctorate
- Everett, WA, USA