Fremont, CA - Plant Maintenance Engineer
Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a North American provider of premium ice products and services. For over twenty-five years the company has been bringing more to the party by perfecting the ice making and DSD (delivery) process to provide the purest, most high-quality ice products. Annually, the company produces and delivers over 2 billion pounds of premium ice to supermarkets, mass merchants, c-stores, dollar stores, gas stations, liquors stores, as well as many other commercial and industrial businesses. From its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA and 51 production facilities and 60 warehouses and distribution centers across the United States and Canada, Arctic Glacier services over 75,000 customers.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, The Plant Engineer is responsible for the general maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all production equipment and training while promoting a safe working environment.
- Accountable for the maintenance of production equipment as well as building equipment.
- Leads in the starting of and shutting down of all ice machines.
- Maintains and schedules preventative maintenance on all plant equipment.
- Oversees the safety training and implementation of new procedures.
- Adopts and adheres to all applicable health and safety regulations, both legislatively mandated and as outlined in company policy.
- Trains employees on the operation of equipment.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- Must possess and maintain a minimum of Refrigeration Operator “B” Certification.
- Minimum 3 years of mechanical experiences in a Manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry.
- Must be comfortable working with power tools.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Comfortable working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fremont, CA, USA