Metro NY - Business Development Manager - Field Sales
Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a North American provider of premium ice products and services. For over twenty-five years the company has been bringing more to the party by perfecting the ice making and DSD (delivery) process to provide the purest, most high-quality ice products. Annually, the company produces and delivers over 2 billion pounds of premium ice to supermarkets, mass merchants, c-stores, dollar stores, gas stations, liquors stores, as well as many other commercial and industrial businesses. From its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA and 51 production facilities and 60 warehouses and distribution centers across the United States and Canada, Arctic Glacier services over 75,000 customers.
Business Development Manager (BDM):
Reporting to the Vice President, Field Sales, this position is responsible for identifying and prioritizing new business opportunities, executing against company-wide initiatives, responsible for driving territory revenue and profit performance. The successful sales executive will be a “hunter,” and will secure new customers for Arctic Glacier within an assigned, protected territory. Part of the BDM role will be cold calling in the field, identifying and securing new local and regional customers. This position offers a base salary and uncapped commission.
The BDM presents the Arctic Way Program, pricing, and service platform.
- Develop specific territory growth plan and provide updates on progress vs plan using sales automated system.
- Secure prospective customer appointments through targeted telemarketing, cold calling and other selling strategies including specific commerce and city events.
- Execute appropriate activity and meet with prospective customers to secure their business.
- Completes all documentation for installation and implementation to ensure a smooth transition.
- Confirms customer satisfaction with initial setup.
- Proactively partners with branch leadership and operation teams to ensure a smooth transition.
- Documents all customer visits and status of activity utilizing the CRM system.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for sales, business administration/management marketing and/or other business development related fields or equivalent experience.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales with a specialization in seeking out new customers to expand business.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence decision makers at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus acquiring new business.
- Must be a self-started and motivated to reach and exceed sales targets.
- Must be comfortable travelling consistently for work at least 50% of the time.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic Glacier does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Salary
- New York, NY, USA