Cedar Rapids - Merchandise Repair Technician
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a North American provider of premium ice products and services. For over twenty-five years the company has been bringing more to the party by perfecting the ice making and DSD (delivery) process to provide the purest, most high-quality ice products. Annually, the company produces and delivers over 2 billion pounds of premium ice to supermarkets, mass merchants, c-stores, dollar stores, gas stations, liquors stores, as well as many other commercial and industrial businesses. From its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA and 51 production facilities and 60 warehouses and distribution centers across the United States and Canada, Arctic Glacier services over 75,000 customers.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Refrigeration / Merchandiser Repair Technician:
Reporting to the Distribution Manager, this position is responsible for repairing and maintaining Arctic Glacier’s ice merchandisers and In-Store Bagging Units (ISBs) at the facility and customer locations.
- Responsible for performing semi-annual preventative maintenance on all ice merchandisers and ISB Machines.
- Services calls and repairs on in-store merchandisers and ISB break downs.
- Refurbishes all merchandisers coming in from the field.
- Repairs and maintains special event trailers.
- Creates positive customer relationships with clients.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- Must possess and maintain minimum of level 1 EPA certification.
- Minimum 2-year experience working in a similar role with refrigeration equipment.
- Ability to hold and maintain a commercial driver’s license Class B or A considered an asset.
- Must possess a driver’s license.
- Ability to work with power tools.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment without supervision.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Capacity to problem solve while addressing safety hazards.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA