Milwaukee - Distribution Supervisor
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a North American provider of premium ice products and services. For over twenty-five years the company has been bringing more to the party by perfecting the ice making and DSD (delivery) process to provide the purest, most high-quality ice products. Annually, the company produces and delivers over 2 billion pounds of premium ice to supermarkets, mass merchants, c-stores, dollar stores, gas stations, liquors stores, as well as many other commercial and industrial businesses. From its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA and 51 production facilities and 60 warehouses and distribution centers across the United States and Canada, Arctic Glacier services over 75,000 customers.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Distribution Supervisor with CDL-A
Reporting to the Distribution Manager, the Distribution Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and dispatching drivers, making deliveries to customers on assigned routes, and maintaining driver documentation and reports.
- Accountable for assisting with the coordination of delivery routes and dispatches drivers.
- Responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and daily supervision of all distribution staff.
- Communicates and directs drivers in day-to-day assignments.
- Coordinates the availability of trucks for ice delivery as well as repairs and maintenance.
- Delivers and sells ice and related products.
- Operates all models of delivery vehicles in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
- Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of delivery vehicle (interior and exterior) at all times.
- Reviews and completes driver log and vehicle inspection report.
- Reconciles cash and driver invoices as well as inventories to product quantities sold.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- High school diploma is required.
- Must have and be able to maintain a CDL-A drivers’ license.
- 2 years’ experience working in a distribution environment.
- 1 years’ experience working in a supervisory role.
- Familiarity with Department of Transportation & Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Basic math functions.
- High attention to detail and time management skills.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic Glacier does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Milwaukee, WI, USA