Seasonal - West Point - Production Associate
Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a North American provider of premium ice products and services. For over twenty-five years the company has been bringing more to the party by perfecting the ice making and DSD (delivery) process to provide the purest, most high-quality ice products. Annually, the company produces and delivers over 2 billion pounds of premium ice to supermarkets, mass merchants, c-stores, dollar stores, gas stations, liquors stores, as well as many other commercial and industrial businesses. From its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA and 51 production facilities and 60 warehouses and distribution centers across the United States and Canada, Arctic Glacier services over 75,000 customers.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for operating the manufacturing equipment that supplies raw materials to the production line. In addition, the Production Associate will be accountable for basic troubleshooting and minor repairs to ensure production equipment runs efficiently.
- Operates and monitors assigned lines, materials, and finished product as necessary to facilitate proper flow and machine operation.
- Coordinates the movement of product from the production lines to the skids.
- Examines product for quality and ensures all Food Safety Handling Procedures are followed.
- Records daily logs of packages bags and wasted packaging material.
- Inspects date codes for accuracy and legibility.
- Adopts a culture of cleanliness and safety in the work environment.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
· 1 to 2 years’ experience working in a production environment considered an asset.
· Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs. repeatedly.
· Comfortable working independently as well as in a team setting.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to perform tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic Glacier does not discriminate race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- West Point, IA 52656, USA