Winnipeg - Corporate Accountant
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a North American provider of premium ice products and services. For over twenty-five years the company has been bringing more to the party by perfecting the ice making and DSD (delivery) process to provide the purest, most high-quality ice products. Annually, the company produces and delivers over 2 billion pounds of premium ice to supermarkets, mass merchants, c-stores, dollar stores, gas stations, liquors stores, as well as many other commercial and industrial businesses. From its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA and 51 production facilities and 60 warehouses and distribution centers across the United States and Canada, Arctic Glacier services over 75,000 customers.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Accounting, this role is responsible for the daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliation of all accounts. This role is also responsible for assisting in report building, working with customers to ensure payments are made and preparing statements and reports for whoever needs.
- Prepares weekly and monthly accounting reports and schedules.
- Prepares account reconciliations.
- Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Follows up with regional representatives to ensure payments are received.
- Reconciles customer statements.
- Assists in the preparation of documents for external auditors.
- Provides reporting for departmental needs.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on business relating to accounting.
- Provide support to the regions with balancing and reconciling their accounts.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Experience in building Excel reports.
- Great Plains experience considered an asset.
- High degree of detail in all work projects.
- Excellent organizational time management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to new situations with the ability to keep up in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Tax experience considered an asset.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic Glacier does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Salary
- Winnipeg, MB, Canada