Newburgh, NY - Production Supervisor
Company: Arctic Glacier
Location: Newburgh, NY
That's just the tip of the iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier.
Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the great pay, rewarding work, and clear vision of doing the right thing – by our customers and employees. Our team goes the extra mile for our customers, and in turn they get the support of the company. We pride ourselves on having a compassionate atmosphere, where our team feels empowered to do their best. This includes an unwavering commitment to employee safety and the flexibility to work around personal commitments.
A steady schedule, solid benefits AND be home every night - here, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Join our team, and discover there's more beneath the surface!
Reporting to the Plant Manager the Production Supervisor is responsible for managing the manufacturing and processing of quality ice. The Production Supervisor is also accountable for the creation of the highest quality product for the lowest cost per ton
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Leads shift in production department and ensures the highest quality product at the lowest cost per ton.
- Accountable for the control of all mechanical and maintenance tasks to achieve optimum production while following all proper policies and processes.
- Troubleshoots issues on production line and proposes solutions that will work within budget parameters.
- Demonstrates to team exceptional work ethic on the production line.
- Trains and motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Responsible for maintaining exceptional programs for sanitation and housekeeping practices that fully meet the requirements of company policy and all government regulations.
Work Life Balance
- High school diploma is required.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working in a food manufacturing position is required.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage time to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
Reporting Structure: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Salaried Non Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Newburgh, NY 12550, USA