Bedford - Merchandise Repair Technician
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Merchandiser Repair Technician:
Reporting to the Distribution Manager, this position is responsible for repairing and maintaining Arctic Glacier’s ice merchandisers and In-Store Bagging Units (ISBs) at the facility and customer locations.
• Responsible for performing semi-annual preventative maintenance on all ice merchandisers and ISB Machines.
• Services calls and repairs on in-store merchandisers and ISB break downs.
• Refurbishes all merchandisers coming in from the field.
• Repairs and maintains special event trailers.
• Creates positive customer relationships with clients.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
• Must possess and maintain minimum of level 1 EPA certification.
• Minimum 2-year experience working in a similar role with refrigeration equipment.
• Must possess a driver’s license.
• Ability to work with power tools.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment without supervision.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Capacity to problem solve while addressing safety hazards.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bedford, IN 47421, USA