Long Island - Plant / Production Manager
ompany: Arctic Glacier
Location: Long Island, NY
The Plant Manager will be responsible for developing business strategies and managing operational activities in order to achieve established goals and operational objectives ensuring compliance with safety and quality standards. This position will manage various areas of the operation such as planning, production, warehouse, quality, maintenance, safety and labor relations.
- Establish and manage plant operational budgets and implement actions to control day-to-day costs and achieve financial objectives.
- Establish workforce and capital requirements to meet business strategies.
- Develop and execute business plans and KPI’s that align with corporate objectives by setting plant objectives and implementing necessary actions to attain them.
- Ensure efficiency of operations by optimizing resources.
- Responsible for promoting health and safety culture by taking proactive actions and eliminating health and safety risks.
- Manage continuous improvement integration and cost reduction methods.
- Effectively communicate plant goals, objectives and results to various levels of the organization.
- Ensure training, communication, and initiatives are effectively communicated to production employees.
- Create and maintain a safe plant environment with tools, machinery and equipment is in good working order.
- Work in compliance with company standards, State and Federal government regulations and food safety quality standards.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience working within a manufacturing environment in a leadership role, preferably in the food industry.
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical equipment.
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, inventory processes
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
Area Vice President
- Pay Type Salary
- Long Island, New York, USA