Cedar Rapids - Distribution Manager
Company: Arctic Glacier
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
That's just the tip of the iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier.
Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the great pay, rewarding work, and clear vision of doing the right thing – by our customers and employees. Our team goes the extra mile for our customers, and in turn they get the support of the company. We pride ourselves on having a compassionate atmosphere, where our team feels empowered to do their best. This includes an unwavering commitment to employee safety and the flexibility to work around personal commitments.
A steady schedule, solid benefits AND be home every night - here, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Join our team, and discover there's more beneath the surface!
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operating activities of the Distribution department. This includes hiring, training, and supervising distribution staff and establishing positive employee relations. It also involves coordinating delivery routes, scheduling drivers, and ensuring that a premium level of customer service is always presented. Other responsibilities include performing daily reconciliation of packaged ice transfers, ensuring compliance to company and safety policies, and ensuring that all trucks and the warehouse facility meet all government standards.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaises between customers, and the distribution team to provide exceptional customer services.
- Communicates and directs drivers with day-to-day assignments and responsible for scheduling daily routing for deliveries.
- Responsible for reconciling all cash and driver invoices.
- Forecasts hiring needs and performs recruitment and selection for team in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Monitors handheld invoicing system.
- Manages the dock area involving the loading of trucks, shipping and receiving.
- Coordinates the availability of trucks for ice delivery as well as for repairs and maintenance.
- Audits driver logs and vehicle inspection reports.
- Troubleshoots handheld problems within the division.
- Directs the logistics of special events.
- Receives all merchandiser repair calls and dispatches to service technicians.
Work Life Balance
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a distribution environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge around DOT Regulations.
- Ability to have and maintain CDL-B Driver’s License.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work within a team environment dealing with high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be organized with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of hand-held units and phone systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Reporting Structure: Area Vice President
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA