Newburgh, NY - Maintenance Associate
Plant Maintenance Associate
Company: Arctic Glacier
Location: Newburgh, NY
That's just the tip of the iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier.
Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the great pay, rewarding work, and clear vision of doing the right thing – by our customers and employees. Our team goes the extra mile for our customers, and in turn they get the support of the company. We pride ourselves on having a compassionate atmosphere, where our team feels empowered to do their best. This includes an unwavering commitment to employee safety and the flexibility to work around personal commitments.
A steady schedule, solid benefits AND be home every night - here, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Join our team, and discover there's more beneath the surface!
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Maintenance Associate plays a key role in our operations and is responsible for performing regular and preventive maintenance on all equipment used in our facility to ensure the successful execution of production activities.
This full time position starts at $28.00/hour.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand, power tools and welding equipment.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Troubleshooting/repairs/installations of equipment with a working knowledge of low electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results.
- Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules.
- Read blueprints, machine drawings and electrical diagrams to determine work procedures.
- Instruct employees in the proper handling of equipment.
Work Life Balance
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a production environment.
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude.
- Proven troubleshooting ability with emphasis on safety and reliability.
- Must be aware of all safety standards and requirements for maintenance work.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power tools and shop machines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a face-paced environment without supervision.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends during peak season.
Reporting Structure: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Newburgh, NY 12550, USA