Front Desk Supervisor
Our hotels in Banff include the Moose Hotel & Suites, Fox Hotel & Suites, Banff Ptarmigan Inn, Banff Caribou Lodge, Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, Tunnel Mountain Resort, Hidden Ridge Resort, The Dorothy Motel, Rundlestone Lodge, Irwin's Mountain Inn, Red Carpet Inn, The Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge and Pocaterra Inn & Waterslide are located in Canmore.
Your application will be considered for available jobs at all of our Banff locations.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all Front Desk procedures are followed and all necessary tasks are completed accurately. If you have a cheerful attitude and believe in creating lasting memories for our guests then you are the right person for us! The successful candidate will have a professional manner and the ability to deal with a wide variety of people and situations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise Front Desk operations during your assigned shift to a consistently high standard.
- Ensure guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable;
- Motivate, train and lead front office colleagues.
- Responsible for the smooth transition of shifts, ensuring that there is adequate communication of the daily operation between employees and shifts.
- Assist with the training, coaching and development of team members.
- Assist with interviewing and hiring team members.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed correctly, and monitor that proper procedures are being followed and necessary tasks are completed properly by front desk agents.
- Manage, resolve or escalate any and all Guest complaints in a friendly and professional manner to the standard of the Banff Lodging Company.
- Answer all in-coming phone calls in a professional manner to the standard set by Banff Lodging Company.
- Process check-ins and check-outs, verify billing, create reservations, and process special requests; Present statement(s) of charges to departing guests and receive payment(s).
- Ensure inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of better guest satisfaction.
- Maintain the safety and upkeep of guest areas in the indoor and outdoor spaces of the property including the removal of snow and ice and other hazards.
- Work safely. Obey all health and safety policies and procedures and report injuries and hazards immediately.
- Additional duties may be assigned to help meet guest needs.
Skills and Experience
- Previous Front Desk experience is an asset.
- Self-motivator with outgoing personality and commitment to providing a high level of guest service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and numerical proficiency.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Prior experience in a customer focused role is an asset.
- The ability to motivate and lead employees in a busy, fast-pace and high-quality environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize between tasks.
- Experience in a Front Desk role is an asset, preferably at a supervisory level.
- Experience using a hospitality property management system is an asset.
You can learn more about our great Employee Benefits & Perks and what it means to work with an Employee-Owned company here.
- Job Family Hotel FOH
- Pay Type Hourly
- Banff, AB, Canada