Production Manager, Love Nature
Seeking an experienced Production Manager to expertly manage the production elements for all third party commissioned projects, as well as limited in-house productions. The person in this role will report directly to the VP, Business Operations and Strategy and must be a highly focused individual who is an incredible multi-tasker and thrives working in a fast paced and collaborative environment.
Our ideal candidate has vast experience in production on both a domestic and international level, with a keen understanding of content production and associated budgets and financials on a global level. Additionally, they will have experience working at both a network and a production company. A working knowledge of 4K and HDR workflows is required. Some experience in natural history production is preferred.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Supports all creative executives in development and production to ensure project plans and resources are aligned to creative needs. Ensures projects are delivered to budget, schedule and contractual requirements.
- Manages individual show production budgets and schedules from development to green-light and then through production. Responsibilities include resource planning, line-item budget negotiation, generating payment schedules, managing credit approvals, cost reporting, deliverables management, tracking third-party payments, approving invoicing and creating purchase orders when necessary.
- Ensures production and technical requirements are met and troubleshoot production issues as they arise including risk management, background checks, insurance, rights and release issues, compliance, etc.
- Assists VP of Business Operations and Strategy with business process including, but not limited to: contract requests, technical specifications, asset delivery, asset management, marketing asset pipeline, international sales fulfillment, music and rights compliance and asset archiving.
- Provides daily supervision, management and development for a Production Coordinator as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key production vendors to create cost and workflow
- efficiencies that could benefit third-party productions.
- Identify and set up all requirements and logistical infrastructure for any in-house productions. Additionally, maintain a strong stable of production crews and key talent in conjunction with development and production team.
- Create and track all production budgets and schedules for in-house productions.
- Assists with day-to-day business operations in the DC BAM office.
- This is an office-based work environment, not on-location.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a Production Management role or equivalent.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of production logistics, workflow, industry technology, rights issues and current industry standard practices. Experience in overseeing and creating budgets, schedules, cost reports and financial plans with tax credits and co-producers in mind.
- Requires flexibility and the ability to unflappably perform under stress while juggling many simultaneous productions.
- Strong interpersonal skills. They must possess the ability to nurture and maintain relationships with key external producers/companies and internal stakeholders.
- Experience working with 4K & HDR content and understanding of 4K & HDR workflow is required.·
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task, pivot to new challenges and creatively problem solve.
- Technically adept; understands the post-workflow of production and how this fits into the budgeting process and deliverables.
- Prior experience working for a Network as well as a production company is a must. Expertise in factual entertainment is required, natural history production preferred.
- Should have legal right to work in the United States
- Pay Type Salary
- Washington, DC, USA