Service Desk Analyst
As an independent and not for profit organization for over 40 years, we provide health, dental, employee assistance, disability, travel and life coverage to over half a million Manitobans.
At Manitoba Blue Cross, our people are the key to our success! Consider becoming part of our team of professionals committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Join us as we serve our neighbours to support and strengthen our community.
Service Desk Analyst
Senior Service Delivery and Support Coordinator
The Service Desk Analyst is the first point of contact for the users who call our IT Service Desk. While providing the highest level of customer service, the Service Desk Analyst answers incoming calls, tracks all information in a call tracking system, uses a knowledge based tool along with their expertise to resolve tier 1 requests in a timely fashion. The Service Desk Analyst escalates unresolved problem/issues/requests to the proper tier 2 and 3 support teams. Troubleshoots basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems and provides basic desktop support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides front line end-user support to our internal and external clients in a timely manner for both hardware and software issues via telephone, e-mail or web for remote assistance.
- Manages service tickets from inception to resolution; providing timely and accurate updates in our service management tool.
- Processes requests according to pre-defined procedures for known issues.
- Escalates incidents to appropriate service provider (both internal and external).
- Ensures effective use of time management and organizational skills to balance workload and priorities.
- Follows ticket management policies, procedures and best practices.
- Troubleshoots application and desktop level technologies, with a focus on Microsoft desktop O/S and Office products.
- Provides basic SAP security ID administration in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Documents all work and creates operational reference documents in our defined libraries for new resolution workflows.
- Provides excellent customer service by being professional, helpful and patient.
- Evaluates, implements and supports suitable PC operating systems/hardware platforms for all areas of the Company.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of all Microsoft Desktop operating systems and how to support them in a networked environment.
- Provides hardware maintenance for the installed base of PCs and related products, when not covered by warranty or maintenance contracts.
- Provides 2nd level support for all desktop operating systems, printer services, hardware platforms and software within the Corporation. Works with end users to help them complete PC related tasks in a timely fashion.
- Monitors and maintains workstation patch levels for a variety of software packages and operating systems.
- Interacts with suppliers as required, resolving issues/problems that arise with PC hardware or software.
- Assists with ensuring license compliance of all installed software products.
- Leads in the development and updating of workstation images.
- Maintains an inventory of all telephony, computer and network-related hardware, software and documentation.
- Completes research and development in the areas of new and emerging technologies.
- Performs special assignments and related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating, and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
- Completion of a University degree or College diploma in computer science or related program plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Equivalent combination of education and related experience will be considered.
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize key activities on an ongoing basis.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of PC architecture, hardware, MS software with the ability to utilize application for support, reporting and documentation.
- Strong problem solving/analytical ability, with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL/SLA.
- Self- motivated individual capable of working under the pressure of deadlines.
- Flexibility, patience and resourcefulness.
- Possesses a strong sense of responsibility and accountability and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Creativity. Ability to think around problems and come up with creative solutions is helpful.
- Availability to work rotating on-call shifts which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
We offer competitive salary, a generous employer-paid benefits package, a flex work schedule, generous vacation, and a health and wellness program with an on-site fitness centre. We are committed to creating a rewarding environment to foster learning and development for our staff. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward a resume and cover letter, indicating salary expectations, by April 28.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
Only those being considered for the selection process will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 599 Empress St, Winnipeg, MB R3G 3P3, Canada