Finance & Administration Coordinator - Humanitarian Coalition
Finance and Administration Coordinator
The position is based in Ottawa, 80% work from home, 20% in office arrangement. With occasional travel to Toronto, Montreal and other locations as required.
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract for one year, with possibility of renewal.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- The Humanitarian Coalition (HC) brings together 12 leading aid organizations to provide Canadians with a simple and effective way to help during international humanitarian disasters.
- Humanitarian Coalition members include: Action Against Hunger, Canadian Foodgrains Bank, Canadian Lutheran World Relief, CARE Canada, Humanity & Inclusion, Islamic Relief Canada, Médecins du Monde, Oxfam Canada, Oxfam-Québec, Plan International Canada, Save the Children Canada, and World Vision Canada.
- Member agencies join forces to raise funds, partner with the government, and mobilize media, businesses and individual Canadians. Together, we are saving more lives.
- CARE Canada is a founding member of the Humanitarian Coalition and administers Human Resources on behalf of the Coalition. Visit www.humanitariancoalition.ca for more information.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Administration Coordinator provides support to the Humanitarian Coalition team in the following areas: coordinate agendas, minutes and logistics for Board and Committee meetings; financial tracking and reporting in collaboration with external bookkeeper; general inquiries and correspondence; technical support with cloud-based network and filing; general office management and other duties as required.
- The Finance and Administration Coordinator will work in close collaboration with HC colleagues and members to develop and carry out the HC’s overall strategic plan.
- The position requires advanced communication skills (written and oral) in English and French, although the HC’s primary operations are in English.
Responsibilities and Duties
Coordination and Support for Meetings
- In collaboration with colleagues, ensure all stakeholder meetings (Board, Committees, HC Assembly, other) are scheduled and prepared in advance, including all technical and administrative logistics.
- Assist in preparing and distributing agendas and meeting packages
- Record meetings and produce and distribute high quality minutes
- Assist in tracking key actions, outcomes and deliverables arising from meetings
In collaboration with 3rd party bookkeepers, ensure financial tracking in Quick Books is up to date
Ensure all invoices are properly documented and processed in a timely manner.
Verify account balances, arrange transfers as needed and manage cheques or electronic fund transfers.
Monitor use of HC credit card and arrange for authorized purchases as required
Assist with donation reconciliation as required
Assist in preparing and monitoring the HC budget
Assist with annual audit and quarterly updates
Ensure office phone system is properly set up and managed
Answer calls from donors and general public and respond as appropriate
Support Donor Relations Officer in managing general email inbox
In collaboration with external resources or supports, ensure the proper set up and functioning of HC Office 365 accounts.
Ensure HC cloud-based file management system is properly set up and maintained, including regular backups.
Assist HC colleagues in problem-solving computer-related access or functional issues
Acquire and ensure set up of new hardware and software as required
- Ensure readiness for HC joint appeals, and collaborate with HC staff and members in outreach and mobilization during humanitarian crises;
- Ensure HC procedures and policies are updated as required.
- Special event or activity support as required
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders within HC member organisations.
- Promote harmonious and productive working relationships as a member of the HC team, supporting colleagues in meeting our collective goals and targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
College graduate (relevant education such as Office/Business Administration preferred);
Minimum of 5 years of working experience in administration support;
Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), as well as Quick Books (or equivalent), databases, cloud-based computing and various Intranets.
Advanced communication skills in spoken and written English and French
- A self-starter and problem-solver, able to work with minimal supervision, as well as a strong team player committed to the mission and values of the HC;
Advanced organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent customer service, relationship management and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
- Cultural sensitivity, empathy, and ability to work under stress;
High level of professionalism and drive, with an infectious enthusiasm and passion for delivering results;
- Knowledge or experience of international development or humanitarian work;
- Availability for occasional travel.
What We Offer:
Generous leave entitlements
Flexible work hours
80% work from home, 20% in office arrangement
A family friendly environment
Cross organizational connections
Amazing colleagues who are very committed to the Humanitarian Coalition’s mission
How to Apply:
- All applications should be made online by April 21, 2021.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The Humanitarian Coalition is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all.
- Pay Type Salary
- Ottawa, ON, Canada