Corporate Purchasing Analyst (Buyer)
Niagara Falls-based Canadian Niagara Hotels Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest and most successful diversified
entertainment businesses, with more than 2500 talented professionals spread
across its various Hotels, Spas, Conference Centres, Restaurants, Craft Brewery and
Distillery, Indoor Waterpark, City Touring, Entertainment and Specialty Retail businesses -
with more to come! We are home to world-class brands including Marriott,
Sheraton, IHG, Morton’s, Milestones, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café, Hershey
and Starbucks - to name a few. Regardless of what business or role you start
with, career development opportunities and rewards are endless for people
delivering exceptional guest satisfaction and attaining business results.
This position is responsible for effectively performing a variety of value-added activities to optimize purchases of goods and services for the group of company operating units, including hotels, restaurants, retail stores, attractions.
Within the general framework of the company’s electronic workflow (Purchasing System) and according to company policies, work with originating departments to ensure that requirements are clearly defined and adhere to company policies regarding vendor selection, product spec’s, order quantities and approvals to purchase.
Convert approved Purchase Requisitions into formal Purchase Orders and issue such approved POs or contracts to applicable vendors. Maintain Purchasing records, files and related documentation as needed.
Negotiate with vendors, where needed, to establish best purchasing value for the company. Optimize payment terms and other terms with vendors, to the benefit of company’s interests and ensure that such terms are well documented in any subsequent PO or contract.
Build and maintain good relationships with key vendors, for the benefit of the company, while always remaining open to competitive options. Coordinate logistics, such as freight and customs details (as required). Assist Accounts Payable and Finance departments to resolve Purchasing or vendor related issues.
Create new, and update existing contracts for assigned categories, based on standard products used in the company. Create and improve savings programs through analysis of product category usage. This typically includes a focus on the consolidation and standardization of purchased items to improve cost and efficiencies.
- Several years of related experience in a similar purchasing role is preferred
- Ideally, experience in Hotel and Restaurant buying, including Food and Beverage purchases
- Previous experience with computerized purchasing and inventory management systems preferred
- SCMA (formerly PMAC) certification, or courses working towards diploma preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume; high-energy level/speed
- Ability to work independently as well as to work cooperatively within a team setting
- Demonstrate general PC and business software competence with a focus/proficiency in Excel; Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times
- Proficient in the use of persuasion and influence to resolve matters
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We also understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical. If you would like to receive information in another format or other communications supports please send an email to email@example.com or by telephone at 905-374-4446 extension 4850.
- Pay Type Salary
- CNH Head Office, 5685 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada