Niagara Falls-based Canadian Niagara Hotels Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest and most successful diversified
entertainment businesses, with more than 2500 talented professionals spread
across its various Hotels, Spas, Conference Centres, Restaurants, Craft Brewery and
Distillery, Indoor Waterpark, City Touring, Entertainment and Specialty Retail businesses -
with more to come! We are home to world-class brands including Marriott,
Sheraton, IHG, Morton’s, Milestones, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café, Hershey
and Starbucks - to name a few. Regardless of what business or role you start
with, career development opportunities and rewards are endless for people
delivering exceptional guest satisfaction and attaining business results.
This role will give you an opportunity to be exposed to both building up your technical financial skills (financial reporting) and working directly with operations to maximize profits & minimize costs (financial analysis). Working across various Point of Sale systems, inventory, and a new modern accounting software system, you will gain a comprehensive view of the operation.
• Prepare monthly financial statements within assigned deadlines, including the preparation of journal entries.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a regular basis.
• Follow up on discrepancies with daily revenue, cash work and expenses.
• Analyze and explain month-end costs and expenses to finance and operational leaders.
• Understand and ensure compliance of internal controls and recommend improvements to existing policies and procedures
• Assist with preparing the annual budget and supporting the year-end audit.
• Provide financial analysis to support operational and finance objectives.
• Provide support to other team members as required.
• University or College graduate with a major in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or related area.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced expertise in MS Excel.
• Detailed oriented. Analytical thinker. Problem Solver. Takes initiative.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must be located within a reasonable commutable distance.
We also understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical. If you would like to receive information in another format or other communications supports please send an email to email@example.com or by telephone at 905-374-4446 extension 4850.
- Pay Type Salary
- CNH Head Office, 5685 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada