Enterprise Architect - IST
Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #12
Friday, April 30, 2021
About Concert Properties
Putting people first is at the heart of the Concert story. We are deeply invested in improving the lives of the people who live and work in our communities, acknowledging that communities are more than just buildings. We focus on quality, consistency, and sustainability, and our business is driven by warm, passionate people who embody a desire to help each of us feel more connected to one another.
Since 1989, our real estate portfolio has grown to an asset value of $6 billion and includes condominiums, rentals, seniors' active aging communities, industrial and commercial properties, and public infrastructure projects across Canada.
Concert is continuing to grow in communities across Canada and we are looking for an Enterprise Architect (EA) to join our Information Systems and Technology (IST) team.
The successful candidate will play a key role facilitating Concert’s cloud and digital transformation journey. In this role, the EA will play a key role in helping drive the development of Concert’s enterprise architecture framework and governance. In addition, the EA will act as an evangelist and thought leader for the portfolio of technologies and solutions used throughout the enterprise.
Aside from the core technical skillset, the key capability in this role is the ability to clearly communicate with all areas of the organization. Listen, educate, and inform. The EA will work closely with the IT/IS team to develop roadmap for the enterprise, while also working with IT/IS teams to facilitate their cloud journey, with a focus on friction-free solutions.
As part of the IST technical leadership team this position will report to the Director, Solution Architecture and will based in the Vancouver, BC office.
- Working collaboratively with the Director, Enterprise Architecture, develop the enterprise architecture framework and enterprise architecture plan.
- Lead the enterprise architecture and solution design governance.
- Design and maintain enterprise architecture artifacts such as architectural designs, application inventory, application lifecycle roadmaps, and architecture standards.
- Lead the cloud architecture and solution design of 3rd party integrations for Digital, ERP, Business Intelligence, and Reporting platforms.
- Contribute to the creation of a best-in-class Cloud roadmap, and strategies for enterprise adoption.
- Working collaboratively with the Director of Information Security to transform the information security architecture.
- Engage and manage stakeholders for the purposes of gathering feedback, offering guidance, and providing technology thought leadership.
- To support enterprise technology innovation, provide architecture assessments of new and emerging technologies.
- As needed, provide 3rd level technical support as required and respond in a professional and timely manner.
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this role.
Experience and Characteristics:
- 10+ years of technology experience, and strong competency (5+ years) in the following areas:
- Defining, architecting, designing, and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform.
- Solution architect expertise using digital services and cloud solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms.
- Wide range of networking and security technologies including modern firewalls, software defined networks, intrusion detection and prevention systems, end point security, and identity and access management systems.
- Progressive experience in data architecture, data management, and modern data warehouse or data lake methodologies
- Building CI/CD tools: Azure DevOps, GitHub.
- Azure Active directory identities, Azure Role-Based Access Management (RBAC).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Industry accredited certification in enterprise architecture such as TOGAF, Zackman Framework, or equivalent.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on continuous innovation.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters collaboration by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working and doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
- Comfortable working with a matrix style of leadership and highly flexible, able to manage multiple priorities and demands as needed.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal), and properly articulate.
- Achieved Microsoft Certifications Azure Solution Architect Expert, Data Engineer, and DevOps is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in the Real Estate industry and Yardi ERP is an asset.
Why you should join Concert
Concert is proud to have been named BC’s Top Employer for 2021!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees.
Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume.
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert!
- Job Family Concert
- Vancouver, BC, Canada