Concert is continuing to grow in communities across Canada and we are looking for a Development Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the execution of multiple residential and mixed-use development projects in British Columbia. This individual be responsible for successfully bringing the projects through design development and municipal approvals while maintaining schedule, budgets and project profitability. We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable about the development process, capable of managing large complex projects and passionate about real estate.
The Development Manager will be part of the Development Department and report to the Director, Development. The role is based in Downtown Vancouver.
Lead and motivate the project team through all phases of development to ensure projects are consistent with Concert’s objectives and achieve profitability requirements.
- Work closely with Concert’s Construction, Marketing, Financing, Property Management, Investments and Development teams to ensure that projects are built to plan, vision and schedule while seeking ways to add value and innovation.
- Assemble and manage the design and professional consultants required to prepare project applications for municipal approvals process.
- Manage the municipal, or other regulatory, approval process including liaising with staff and elected officials to obtain permits, entitlements and legal agreements.
- Manage project proforma, budgets and schedule in collaboration with the Finance, Sales & Marketing, Property Management, Investments and Construction teams.
- Stay current on market trends, market conditions and the local competition in the condominium/rental market.
- Represent Concert at industry functions and associations such as UDI, as well as appropriate community events.
- Manage and participate in community engagement and stakeholder process as required.
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this role.
Five (5+) years of experience in multi-family residential development on multi-phased projects. Knowledge of design, construction and infrastructure would be an asset.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or Urban Land Economics.
- A strong familiarity with permit applications, local bylaws, legal agreements and building code requirements.
- Holds a professional designation or accreditation (ie. P.Eng., PQS, PMP, LEED AP, CFA) is preferred.
- Knowledge of CAD, Sketch-up, MS Project and Blue Beam is an asset.
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and energy step code requirements
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage and work on multiple development projects concurrently.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good communicator with strong writing skills.
- Proven success for building and sustaining strong relationships with team members and partners, including community stakeholders and government authorities.
- Understanding of financial modeling required for feasibility studies, proformas and project cashflow.
- Active member of ULI, UDI, GaGBC, ICSC or other industry associations.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2021!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- Vancouver, BC, Canada