Analyst, Investments (ON)
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Concert Investments team as our Analyst! This is a full-time position located at our Toronto Office in Ontario.
Reporting to the Vice President, Investments this role will support various aspects of real estate analysis and underwriting within the Investments team. The Investments team is responsible for asset valuations and financial analytics, acquisitions, dispositions, asset management, leasing, and financing of industrial, office and residential income producing properties.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare financial analysis that project cashflows and investment returns, as well as support the team on acquisitions/dispositions and development approvals
- Assist and prepare submissions for investment and advisory committees
- Participate in the review of new deals/developments and coordinate with internal/external groups to support financial modeling assumptions and other underwriting
- Conduct research and maintain understanding of industrial, office and high-rise residential development property transactions and market activity
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business, real estate, economics or finance
- 2-4 years relevant experience in real estate acquisitions, private equity, or investment banking and a Bachelor’s or higher degree in commerce, business, economics, or a related field.
- Ability to research, analyze, underwrite and evaluate real estate investment and development opportunities, including familiarity with legal document reviews
- Technical competence in the development of dynamic financial models to analyze various investment opportunities
Ability to understand real estate values, including DCF models and the appraisal processes
- Multitasking while working under pressure and tight deadline parameters
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, the MS Office suite and Argus
- Fostering and maintaining strong positive relationships with the brokerage and real estate community
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2021!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- Toronto, ON, Canada