Concert is continuing to grow in communities across Canada and we are looking for an Accountant to join our Infrastructure team.
The successful candidate will provide accounting expertise to the Concert Infrastructure team with primary emphasis on delivering timely financial reporting, and providing close financial support to the Controller, Infrastructure and operations of the company. The role will work to support the broader Concert Infrastructure team and will have a working relationship with the Concert Infrastructure leads of Development and Construction; Project Finance; and Project Operations Management.
This position will report to the Controller, Infrastructure and will be based in the Vancouver, BC office.
• Deliver timely and accurate internal and external financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Ensure regulatory compliance for all Reporting and Internal Controls requirements.
• Assess, develop and implement internal controls and processes for operations.
• Manage the preparation and filing of corporate tax and statutory returns for multiple companies.
• Assist in the development of enhanced reporting to the Board of Directors and Audit Committee.
• Assist in the development and refinement of structured and efficient accounting procedures.
• Develop a good understanding of Infrastructure business (e.g. owned / managed investments).
• Analyze and identify areas of high risk and address these with diligence and a high degree of detail.
• Assist in the development of the Annual Business Plan.
• Become a strong user and advocate of Yardi financial system.
• Assist in cash flow forecasting and manage cash resources.
• Provide Treasury management for all assigned projects.
• Provide analysis and recommendations for improving efficiencies and financial performance.
• Maintain strong working relationships with professional advisors and lenders including bankers, trustee, tax advisors, auditors, and others.
• Manage the annual external audit(s).
• Maintain excellent working relationships with the Concert Infrastructure team, other Controllers, and various other stakeholder departments.
• Maintain an excellent working relationship with the Concert Infrastructure team to ensure a good understanding of the investments and operational considerations that impact the financial operations and results of the company.
• Secondary accounting contact for partners.
• Manage the paper and electronic filings.
• Develop a strong understanding of the tax structure and requirements related to infrastructure investments.
• Assist in the implementation of a centralized financial reporting system.
• Assist with management of year end audits on all investments and at Concert Infrastructure Fund level.
• As required, assist the Concert Infrastructure team with other duties related to operations or required deal support.
• A Professionally designated accountant or close to designation.
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration, finance, or related discipline.
• Minimum of 2 - 5 years accounting experience.
• Strong accounting technical skills and thorough understanding of IFRS.
• Good understanding of ASPE accounting pronouncements will be an asset.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite, in depth knowledge of Excel.
• Strong relationship building skills and communication skills at various levels within the organization.
• Strong experience in analysis, and analytical skills to drive improved results.
• Good understanding of processes, systems and standard of performance.
• Good knowledge of Accounting Principles and the ability to identify issues and interpret and apply accounting policies.
• Embodies an effective approach to integrating technology in day-to-day accounting functions.
• Yardi experience will be an asset.
• Previous real estate and Public Private Partnerships experience would be an asset.
• Previous experience with corporate tax would be an asset.
• Experience with system reporting and implementation would be an asset.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named BC’s Top Employer for 2021!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees.
Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume.
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- Vancouver, BC, Canada