EFP Camera (Okg)-News Gathrng
About the Role:
Global Okanagan’s News Department is currently seeking a full time Video Journalist (Group 5) to join our team in Kelowna. This position is part of the Global Okanagan award winning News team which produces local newscasts 7 – days a week. This position will encompass camera, reporting, writing and editing skills. This position will also include some news anchoring duties. This position reports directly to the News Manager.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Generate and craft original stories daily, including breaking news
- Demonstrate strong editorial, visual and communications skills
- Ability to work on Global Okanagan news, both on-air and online
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in story judgment, writing, shooting and editing
- Present live on a variety of platforms, including on-air, webcam, live blogs
- Willingness to travel in the Okanagan Shuswap region
- Display highly developed production values and present yourself effectively live and on tape
- Attention to detail
- Some anchoring experience preferred
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and statutory holidays
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in Broadcast Journalism
- Television news reporting with VJ experience, including use of a variety of video devices
- Experience in digital journalism, including working with content management systems, online photo and video editing, mobile reporting and producing
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- On-air experience preferred
- Strong leadership, with a high degree of initiative
- News judgment and writing abilities
- Proven track record in original story generation and gathering
- Penchant for original story reporting
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Experience working in an online environment
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family TO-Technical Operations
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Friday, April 30, 2021
- Kelowna, BC, Canada