This is an amazing opportunity for a journalist to join a
team of multi-platform storytellers at Global News in Fredericton.
We are looking for a full-time Videojournalist to join our team on a 12-month contract position. In this role, you will shoot, write, edit and report for television and online. You’ll cover daily news, and have opportunities to tell enterprise, in-depth and the occasional lighter story. You’ll be reporting with our Global News at 6 team, working a variety of shifts, including weekends.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Initiate and develop story ideas through contact development, research and interviews;
- Shoot, write, voice and edit news stories for broadcast;
- Write and format stories for online;
- Utilize technology on a daily basis to provide video, stills and streaming video for online and broadcast;
- Quickly respond to breaking news;
- Curate sources and a broad range of contacts in the community;
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in journalism, radio/television broadcasting or equivalent;
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record;
- Strong news judgement and writing abilities;
- Proven track record in original story generation and gathering;
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a deadline-driven workplace with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Working knowledge of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms and formats;
- Strong knowledge of local/provincial news topics;
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing
technology and workflows, and willingness to learn new skills.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family TO-Technical Operations
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Fredericton, NB, Canada