Traffic Reporter (BC)-News Delivery
About the Role
Global BC, a division of Corus Entertainment, is looking for a Full-Time Traffic Reporter to join its exciting and dynamic newsroom. Reporting to the News Director, the successful candidate will present the Traffic segments on the Global BC Morning News, Monday to Friday.
This is a Group 4 position under the current collective agreement.
- Present Traffic reports on the Morning News;
- Produce content and graphics for traffic segments;
- Monitor all traffic news sources, including feeds, wires, and social media;
- Communicate breaking or changing news situations with online and other show producers and anchors;
- Utilizing technology on a daily basis to provide video, stills, and streaming video for online, social media and broadcast;
- Contribute content to the Global BC website;
- Assist News/Sales/Marketing departments with content brainstorming and execution of community related stories;
- Represent Global BC at public functions;
- Other duties as required
What We Need From You:
- 3-5 years’ on-air broadcasting experience;
- Strong on-air presentation skills;
- Strong storytelling skills;
- Ability to respond quickly to breaking traffic events;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadline;
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation;
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system an asset;
- Strong knowledge of Metro Vancouver roads and traffic patterns;
- Familiarity and ease in using various social media platformss;
- Excellent attitude and people skills with the ability to work independently, effectively, and cooperatively in a team environment;
- Preference given to candidates with previous broadcast experience in traffic and storytelling presentation.
Deadline for applications is April 30, 2021.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PG-Programming
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Burnaby, BC, Canada