Anchor, Traffic - News
Anchor, Traffic - News
Work Status: Part Time
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Producer, you will be responsible for reporting and anchoring on AM 730.
- Prepare and deliver traffic reports for AM 730 & other Corus Vancouver stations(CKNW, CFMI, CFOX)
- Research traffic conditions
- Conduct regular phone checks
- Update AM 730’s social media
- Operate AM 730 control board
What We Need From You:
- Write and perform traffic reports at the level of a major market talent
- Ability to multi-task
- To know the Metro Vancouver roads and traffic patterns
- Shift work including evenings weekends and holidays
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Passion for an all traffic format
- Experience meeting tight deadlines for broadcast
- Familiarity and ease in using Facebook, Twitter and other forms of social media;
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work independently, effectively and cooperatively in a team environment
Deadline to apply is April 28, 2021.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PG-Programming
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada