CKNW Content producer - Part Time
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Producer and Senior Program Director, you will be responsible for producing dynamic, interesting and informative locally-focused content for CKNW. This part-time position will require an individual with a flexible schedule, an insatiable curiosity to learn, a passion for current affairs and the ability to develop and execute talk radio segments, live broadcasts, promotions, and special projects as assigned.
- Produce programming for weekend broadcasts
- Backfill weekday talk producers when needed
- Research news and current affairs stories for broadcast, social and digital media
- Create original story ideas and develop them for broadcast, social and digital media
- Book guests and set up programming debates and forums
- Provide an on-air presence (when applicable) on the show (debriefs, montages, reports, investigative series etc.)
- Develop a comprehensive contact list and program database
- Collaborate with the program host on content and program support issues
- Develop and produce special programming
- Editing of programming elements
- Prepare cover sheets, scripts and background notes
- Contribute to breaking news programming
- Collaborate with other producers on story development and dialogue
- Liaise with newsroom on daily show content
- Update information on cknw.com and be proficient with social media
- Participate in pre and post show production meetings
- Provide guidance and feedback to other news and technical staff involved in the production of a ‘live’ newscast
- Practice ethical principles of journalism
- Meet and exceed ratings expectations
- Perform other duties as required
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PD-Production
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada