We are seeking a School Counsellor to join our Wentworth Campus (Junior School: JK - Grade 7).We are seeking an experienced counsellor, with a passion for working with children and, who thrives in a school environment. This is a Permanent Full Time position that starts August 27, 2021.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Counselling to set deliverables, timelines and accountabilities to carry out yearly strategies and initiatives.
- Support the Wellness program at Wentworth and the strategies for this program over time.
- Perform crisis intervention and short-term counselling to students and their families JK to 7 (+650 students) as needed.
- Consult with the student’s teachers and administration, and explore possible strategies and solutions to the concerns that arise.
- In Collaboration with the Director of Counselling and the Head of Learning Resources, lead faculty in intervention processes that support students of concern.
- Support the Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Initiatives at Wentworth.
- Participate in the School Life Committee which includes working with several faculty leaders with big picture ideas related to student well-being at Wentworth.
- Communicate with Ministry of Children and Families Development when concerns related to child abuse are disclosed.
- Support the Crisis Intervention plan for the Wentworth campus and work to keep this plan updated and current.
- Degree in Counsellingor Social Work with counselling experience
- School Counselling Certification (i.e. Canadian Counselling Psychotherapy Association)
- Minimum 3 years of successful counselling/teaching in an elementary school
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Actively lives and breathes the school culture and lifestyle
- Calm demeanour, especially during times of high stress and chaos
- Intune with the emotions of others and excellent listener
- Gentle spirit, egoless nature, and non-judgmental
- Clear and direct communicator
- Passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Bachelor of Education an asset
Our “Must Haves”
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to help each student achieve personal success
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Self motivated, energetic and fun.
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including a RRSP matching program, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references by June 22, 2021.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit www.collingwood.org for more information about our school.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Friday, August 27, 2021
- 2605 Wentworth Ave, West Vancouver, BC V7S 3H4, Canada