QA Associate- Kelowna
WHO WE ARE
The Flowr Corporation is a global cannabis company that exists to cultivate better people, plants and products. Based in Toronto, we operate globally in Canada, Europe and Australia.
In Canada, our operating campus in Kelowna, BC is situated in the Okanagan Valley, an epicentre of cannabis cultivation. This campus produces recreational and medicinal cannabis from a purpose-built, GMP-designed indoor cultivation facility, an outdoor and greenhouse cultivation site, and state-of-the-art R&D facility.
Internationally, The Flowr Corporation will meet growing global medicinal cannabis demand through its subsidiary Holigen. Licensed to cultivate in Portugal, Holigen will operate GMP-designed cultivation facilities in both Portugal and Australia. Our goal is to be the #1 choice of consumers and patients alike, and our established experts in cannabis cultivation, regulated industries and consumer goods aim to meet that goal responsibly, everywhere we operate.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Associate assists the Quality Lead to ensure proper execution of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for continuous cannabis production and improvement in accordance with Cannabis Act/Regulations, Good Production Practice (GPP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), company and customer expectations. This role also compiles, maintains, and archives Batch Production Record and QA documents etc.
- Support the Quality Assurance Manager and Quality Lead as required
- Represent QA as an ambassador for the Cannabis Act, and regulatory compliance with respect to GMPs and company SOPs
- Complete Batch Record Reviews
- Complete all required documentation using Good Documentation Practices (GDPs)
- Implementation and continuous improvement of quality procedures
- Reviewing quality documentation, as appropriate
- Deviations, Investigations, and CAPA reviews, including documentation and investigation of complaints and non-conformances leading to identification of the root cause; Assigning and implementing effective CAPAs to promote continuous improvement, as required
- Implement and track KPI’s
- Compiling customer specific documentation for sales orders
- Assist with vendor qualifications
- Participate in both internal and external audits as required
- Provide GMP, GDP and GACP training, as required
- Provide quality support, mentoring, and guidance for internal departments
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Management
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in related scientific field (Pharmaceutical, Chemistry, Biology etc.)
- Minimum 2 years working in a Quality manufacturing environment in a regulated industry
- Familiar with GMP/GPP/GDP
- Cannabis experience considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems including batch record review, batch release, document control, change control, deviations, investigations and CAPA
- Fluency in MS Office is mandatory
- Competency of technical writing (SOPs, Annual Reports, Investigation Summary)
- Ability to work independently, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and adapt
- Pay Type Salary
- Kelowna, BC, Canada