Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver meal-kit company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared in one of our two warehouses in East Vancouver and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit and we recently became BCorp Certified!
We value Team Members who see themselves as part of our vision and mission, so check out our story to learn more.
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to show up on time and work hard?
- Responsible. You’re a self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision?
- Ready to Grow. Fresh Prep is a rapidly growing company and there are many opportunities for advancement. Are you looking to learn and grow with us?
- Can Take Direction. You can follow instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- You will be working your shift in either an area that is at normal room temperature or an area where the temperature is maintained between 6-8 degrees Celsius.
- The main activity in this department is the packaging of the ingredients per our different recipes specifications, into their appropriate plastic packaging.
- You will prepare and package food items according to weekly recipe specifications with the use and operation of specific single use packaging portioning machines.
- You will be required to set up and maintain the packaging machines in safe, clean and good operating condition.
- You will be required to work in a safe manner and to assist in maintaining a clean, healthy, food-safe production facility.
- Previous experience in food manufacturing, warehouse, or high-paced environment preferred.
- Able to work in a high-paced warehouse environment with strict deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius.
- Able to stand on your feet for 8 hour shifts.
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs (13 kgs).
- Competitive pay, starting at $17.66/hour for full-time employees.
- Consistent weekly scheduling with paid breaks.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful full-time employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week after 90 days of successful full-time employment.
- Curious to learn more about what we offer? We’d love to discuss with you during your interview!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada