Junior Automation Engineer
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Phenomenal Teammate. You work well with others and enjoy contributing to a fantastic team. Do others enjoy working with you?
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to show up on time and work hard?
- Responsible. You have the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision?
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take initiative to make continual process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable to your deliverables.
What You'll Be Doing
- Automate systems through design, analysis, programming, and building components to integrate with production machines
- Design, source, and implement new robotic systems (Internal and External) to improve operational efficiency
- Test programming and configurations of the new systems built
- You will assist the engineering team with setting up equipment for operational expansion and R&D purposes.
- You will be responsible for the Project Management and completion of paperwork including, projects, budget, status reports, timesheets, and required engineering documentation
- You will follow and complete equipment work instructions for various equipment while testing and ensuring a high quality of work for all documentation released
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- Technician diploma / Engineering degree (Mechatronics preferred)
- Basic skills with Solidworks assemblies and working with sheet metal
- Ability to wire, crimp, and solder prototype electronics in a safe and efficient manner
- Comfortable working with Excel, Solidworks, and learning new software
- Mechanical Aptitude and knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Comfortable occasionally working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius
- Familiarity with Automation controls like SCADA to do testing of mechanical systems
- Ability to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach above and below shoulders; repetitive use of hands
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- $1000.00 budget allotted to professional development training
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada