Alberta Business Development Manager
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a revolutionary meal kit delivery service headquartered in Vancouver, BC. We help people throughout the Greater Vancouver and Calgary areas to make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Collaborative Team Player. You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Open. You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will proactively reach out to new businesses and organizations in Alberta (Calgary and Edmonton) to find ways to introduce Fresh Prep to their audiences.
- You will support the Events Manager where needed with research and execution of Alberta events.
- You will proactively prospect for new growth projects and own the process from start to finish to establish new revenue and sign ups generating channels.
- You will support existing business development projects to help move things along, coordinating next steps with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will help ensure all project tasks and next steps are updated through the use of G-Suite and project management software. Bonus points if you have experience with Asana.
- You will provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
What We Are Looking For
Are you a business development guru with a propensity for building connections and seeking opportunities outside of your organization? Are you a people-person who can find revenue growth opportunities by working with strategically-aligned companies in Alberta? You might just be the Alberta Business Development Manager Fresh Prep is looking for!
- 2+ Years of sales and or partnership experience in building co-marketing initiatives, event planning and/or campaign management.
- 2+ Years managing various growth projects involving internal and external stakeholders
- You have a great understanding of the business landscape in Alberta ( mainly Calgary & Edmonton) and can leverage your connections to open up new growth opportunities.
- You are an excellent communicator. By the nature of working with others day-in-and-day-out, you are an expert at communicating project updates and requests via Slack, emails, meetings etc. to make sure everyone (inside or outside the org) is in the know about important deadlines and deliverables.
- You live and breathe the art of networking and relationship building both in person and online through social networks.
- You’re a brand ambassador who gets to know a brand inside and out. You understand the power of brand marketing and storytelling and can be a positive representation of the company you work for both internally and externally.
- You understand the importance of details. You don’t sweat the small stuff and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, yet you have a keen ability to recognize nuance.
- You are team-oriented. You understand the importance of a positive attitude, you are always seeking personal and professional growth and you are always there to lend a hand.
- Happy to work weekends and evening shifts as required from time to time
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! ( Once we launch in Alberta) A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada